Thursday, January 19, 2012

Regrets

This weekend I fly back to my hometown to be with my family to bury my grandmother.  I have two regrets.  The first is that I wasn't able to say goodbye before she passed on.  It has been almost two years since I have last seen her and I wish I had been a better grandson and stayed in touch.  The second is that I have a pitiful amount of photographs of my grandmother to help my family remember her by.  Over the past five years as my love for digital photography has grown, starting with a point-and-shoot and graduating to an amateur DSLR, I've been designated as the family photographer.  So, when we travel south to visit family, I take loads of pics.  And yet, I have few pics of my grandmother.  How sad is that?  Well, add that to my photography goals.  Take photos of everyone in my and my spouse's family whenever I can, and take the best ones possible. 

But first, spend quality time with my extended family.

No comments: