This is the second time we have come "south" to visit family and friends. We learned last time that 7 weeks is too long to be away from home, and this time we have learned that 4 weeks is too short. I guess we will have to keep coming back to see what is the "right" length of a trip. Our Sarnia visit was not long enough as time was eaten away by trying to prep the trailer (now labelled the COW by my spouse, meaning Cabin On Wheels). I didn't get the kind of pics I wanted. However, we still had quality time with Opa and Oma (especially the sprouts), both at their house and on day trips.
Some great things about Sarnia and area:
- Canatara Park and the waterfront: a great place to run long, hang out at the beach and play with the Sprouts.
- On The Front Restaurant: EK and I love this restaurant as it has delish food, excellent service, a great view and an open kitchen so you can see your dinner being prepared. Yum!
- Parks: lots of parks for little people to play.
- Museums: places to explore, especially for inquisitive 6 year olds, like the Lambton Heritage Museum.
- Grandparents: it's where Opa and Oma live!