Friday, November 19, 2010

Snowy Afternoon

The first major snow storm of the season started very early this morning and continues even as I blog.  The wind gusts blow the snow every which way and at times reduce visibility out the window.  School was let out at noon because ice was forming on the roads, with the concern that the bus wouldn't be able to deliver students home at the usual dismissal time.  So we came home early, full of excitement, as the "waiting" for winter weather is now over.  Shovels were dug out of the shed (catch the pun?), as were the sleds.  The tent trailer was moved from the driveway to behind the house (and that's all we will blog about that frustrating experience, although my spouse sees it in a much more humourous light.  Lesson learned.).  After the "work" was done, the family enjoyed some outdoor time playing in the snow with shovels and sleds.  I, being anxious lately about not taking pictures, quickly grabbed my camera and started shooting.  I felt rusty, but used the time outside to practice.  I'm sure that I will have more opportunities this snowy weekend for photography.  I do love watching the Sprouts try to pull each other on the sled, and their giggles, laughter and antics make up for a lackluster day at work.












No comments: