Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On the Road

We are now safely in Thunder Bay (aka "the evil vortex that is Thunder Bay", according to my father-in-law). The kids are in their jammies watching Treehouse TV (a novelty for them), EK is out for a run and I'm, well, enjoying free Wi-Fi. Though the day got off to a slow start (which needed a boost from Tim's: a coffee for me, a French vanilla cap for EK), we have finished the first leg of our journey to southern Ontario to visit family and friends. Because we have driven the route a few times now, we try to find a new place for taking a break from driving, to stretch our legs and eat some food. We stopped today at Raleigh Falls, which the little people loved. We ate a picnic right beside the falls and hiked down a trail a bit. JK threw in many branches to watch them float down the river (his new favourite thing). The stop was a nice break from the tedious drive to Thunder Bay (not one of my favourite drives). I am looking forward to tomorrow, and though we have an early start, I love driving through and enjoying the landscape of Lake Superior country.

1 comment:

olivia said...

Hey Laurens,
Glad to hear you all made it off on your vacation. Drop me a line when you are back up in NWO-I have broken up with Facebook over the summer, so best way to reach me is through my gmail account. Have a wonderful time!
Olivia