Monday, July 12, 2010

Bug

Yesterday, as JK and I were on a walk, I was reminded of a camping trip two years ago in which he wore the same shirt (which is now almost too small). How time flies!

Then:

Now:


Our little man has grown so much in the past two years. He is as curious and physically active as he was two years ago (even more so, at times). He loves to ask questions and give a running commentary on almost anything (unlike two years ago when he hardly spoke at all). Yesterday's walk was all about ashphalt: how it is made, why there are cracks in it and how far it can be thrown.

My dad used to call JK's sister a "praatjesmaker", roughly translated: one who talks a lot or is a gabbler. Little does he know that JK is a praatjesmaker times 2! He'll find out in a few days...

1 comment:

Anon said...

I can't believe how old he is know - he has an aura of self confidence which is so great to see!

I have wanted to send you guys a post card but left your address at home. Can you forward me an address that you will be at in a few days so I can send it - I think you will it funny!

Life along this side of the parallel is pretty good. I only have three weeks left and didn't get to know the town as much as I wanted - especially the First Nations which aren't connected my limited contacts here.....