Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Best Camera

I had forgotten about a photo contest that I entered for Tourism Sarnia at the end of last summer. I sent the pictures in, knew 3 of 4 were selected in the top 20 (to my surprise as we live on the other side of the province) and knew they were displayed at the Lambton Mall in Sarnia (my dad even sent pics of my pics displayed in the mall). I waited patiently for the contest website to display the other top 17 top photos, but waited in vain, so eventually forgot about it. Today an email from Photolife arrived, and the magazine's email pic of the month was taken by one of the photographers who won the tourism contest. This triggered the memory of the tourism contest, so I checked the contest website on the off-chance that the pics were posted. They are! Here's the link: http://www.tourismsarnialambton.com/main/ns/13/doc/13/area/PC2009.

This is a welcome reminder to continue to take my camera with me wherever I go, whether it be out in the backyard or across the country. The best camera is the one you have with you.

No comments: