Friday, December 31, 2010

Family Time

I haven't posted much during the holidays, partly because I wanted to take a break from blogging (hence the video interludes), and partly due to the fact that I wanted to spend a lot of time with the Sprouts and my spouse. I believe that these Christmas/New Year's holidays can be put in the ten best list. Amongst other things, the family:
  • enjoyed a relaxed but joyful Christmas Day
  • played lots inside and out
  • snuggled up on the couch enjoying movies on new technology (you know the Walmart radio commercial where the guy talks about how Boxing Week sales were made for guys and electronics, akin to a bacon wrapped steak? Well, this year that "guy" was me - holy electronics, Batman!)
  • read lots (Fi read the first four Harry Potter books!)
  • built things out of LEGO
  • cooked and ate delish food
  • sang lots, especially kids' music
  • slept lots
A part of me wishes that the holidays would continue on, but I know that time marches on.  In less than a week I will be back in the classrom, refreshed, re-energized and ready to take on six more months of teaching.  What a blessing it has been to have had these two weeks of quality time with my family!

No comments: