Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Snap

The oldest Sprout was in a great mood this afternoon. "Papa, guess what I can do!" she said excitedly as we sat down at the dinner table for supper (one of my favourite times of the day, and not just for the food). I thought she was going to share a story from her time at school today. FK loves being in grade three and will share even the minutest of details about her day.  An aside: this is a shout out to her teacher: "You are doing a great job! Thanks!"

"Watch this!"

A lick of a finger, quickly dried on pants, then...

SNAP!

"I can snap my fingers!" A wide, toothy grin follows.

FK had been trying unsuccessfully for a while now to snap her fingers. My spouse and I encouraged her to practice, for at some point FK would achieve success. She is tenacious, and though easily frustrated (like her Papa), doesn't give up.

I love that my Sprouts can take joy in accomplishments, big or small.  It is a reminder for me to do the same.

Now onto whistling, riding a bike without training wheels, ...

1 comment:

Anon said...

Grade 3 was my favourite year. We learned to write - and when we got good enough we were allowed to bring a pen to school. We learned long division too.

It was frustrating at times but I was so proud to have graduated to real school - much like a senior in high school or 2nd year university - finally I had arrived! VS