Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Shot I Got vs. The Shot I Wanted

Often when I and the family are out and about I come across a scene which would make for an interesting capture, especially with one or more of the Sprouts included.  Today was no exception.  As we were meandering around the waterfront of Kenora, we walked by a construction sign.  Perfect!  JK loves machines and anything to do with construction, so I thought a pic of him by the sign would be a fun capture.  However, JK had other ideas, and no cajoling could convince him of posing for a pic.  Sigh.  But while he was not interested in the big, bright orange sign, he did keep glancing behind me, watching trucks driving through the round-about. As he leaned back into the construction fence, I was able to capture this photo:



The above was a much better portrait, than this (which he finally posed for):


Sometimes in photography you just have to adapt to the moment at hand - you may end up with a better pic than the one for which you planned.

1 comment:

Anon said...

That's actually a lesson in life isn't it - what we want is not often what we are given. And yet it turns out better than our plans!

VS