Saturday, May 8, 2010

Manic May

I know I'm dating myself here, but this week I felt like Marty McFly in Back to the Future. It was Monday when I walked into my classroom and Friday when I stepped out. Time is flying by so fast. This month has so much going on: Science Fair, a soccer tournament, two field days, a visit by a mobile planetarium, student testing, and a school-wide bike ride (and other things I am sure to have forgotten about and have to look up on my school calendar, which I won't because it's 6 AM and I'm sipping my first coffee of the morning). Report card "stuff" is going around in my head (especially year-end comments). There are also deadlines for classroom orders for next year, student achievement awards, and after yesterday, a deadline for accepting an invitation to come back and teach for another year. It has been difficult to keep it all straight, and it has only been the first week of May. Have to admit it, though - it might be busy, but I love it (though I don't love the new gray hairs that keep showing up as a result - anyone have a DeLorean I can borrow?)!

No comments: