Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Smile When...

  1. my spouse comes home from the hairdresser and has to tell me all the details...
  2. JK recites from memory Cat the Cat, Who is That? by Mo Willems (especially when he gets to the "hey, dude" and "blarggie, blarggie" parts)...
  3. I overhear the interesting and often humourous conversations in the library by two of my esteemed colleagues (I'm not eavesdropping, honest!)...
  4. FK tells me for the hundredth time that she wants to be a scientist like Da Vinci, no, wait, Pasteur, no wait, ...
  5. I find a favourite author's newest book on the shelf in the library...
  6. the librarians know our schedule so well they know something is up when we show up on a different day...
  7. the Sprouts use the local dialect in expressing themselves...
  8. my students try to guess my age (and make me younger!)...
  9. we sing at the dinner table and none of us start on the right pitch...
  10. little old ladies tell me how "cute, handsome, beautiful and adorable" my Sprouts are...

No comments: