Monday, March 1, 2010

Uh-oh

Two or three times a week I run home after school. Running home after work not only keeps me active and allows me to breathe in fresh air, it also helps me to think about the school day and how to make the next day even better for my students. Ultimately, the successes and failures in the classroom are the responsibility of the teacher, so an after school run enables me to think through possible solutions to problems and enjoy those moments that can be called successes.

Today a young, black dog joined me for part of the run home. It was a refreshing change to have a running partner accompany me as I slowly ran up and down the hills of the community to our home. The dog seemed to enjoy the run, too, tongue hanging out, as if this was a regular routine in its life. "Hmm..." I thought. "Something about having a four-legged running partner feels right, somehow."

Uh-oh.

No comments: