Monday, March 15, 2010

Lazy Days of March

EK and FK went to Winnipeg yesterday for a two day shopping trip, leaving JK and I behind to laze around the house in our pj's, play with LEGO, read lots of books, watch a Fireman Sam DVD over and over, and get lots of fresh air outdoors (I did find time to clean the house, too). Though my body clock told me to get up early (which I did anyway), I enjoyed the freedom today of not having to race out the door with the rest of the family for school. I enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee while reading a book after breakfast, then spent the rest of the day hanging out with JK. And for a bonus, he had a meltdown this afternoon, then promptly fell asleep for a two hour nap which gave me some quiet alone time which I have desperately needed for about two months. Ah, bliss! The day with JK ended on a positive note. As I tucked him in, I said the usual "Good night, I love you." He responded with his usual "Yes". Normally, it ends at that, but tonight he thought for a bit, then added "I love you too, Papa."

No comments: