Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Word Play

While driving to school this morning there were several conversations going on at once. My spouse and I were talking about some school related issue while the Sprouts in the back seat interjected their own thoughts into the discussion. Often the thoughts were random and totally unrelated to the topic being discussed in the front seat. For example, JK kept asking questions about Pop ("Why is Pop at school?") and the previous week ("Mama, what did I do last Friday? Oh, right, I was in your classroom."). JK was in my spouse's classroom before 12:00 PM because it was a payday Friday and junior kindergarten students are dismissed earlier than the rest of the school.

The main conversation continued, but JK kept up the random thinking. "Pop is at school working"..."I had pop on Friday with my lunch"..."I like my Pop"..."pop tastes yummy". Then, some connection was made and all the random thoughts joined together in JK's mind and out came an emphatic: "HEY! There are two pops.  Pop the man and pop the can!"

Maybe I should ask the little Sprout to come in and teach a Word Study class for me...

No comments: