Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sprinkles

"Papa, I licked them all up off the ottoman!"  It took me a moment to process this information being yelled out to me from the living room.  "Umm...what?!"  While I was trying to fill my summer holiday relaxed brain with six traits writing ideas, the Sprouts had explored the spice and herb drawer, and, unbeknownst to me, the youngest one had made off with a few small containers of cake sprinkles.  Shaking off my befuddlement, I walked into the living room to see sprinkles strewn everywhere (except on the ottoman, which was now wet with saliva), hearing the refrain, "It was an accident!".  I just sighed, shook my head, pulled out the vacuum cleaner, began cleaning, all the while giving thanks for Nana who would be watching the Sprouts in the afternoon.

No comments: