Monday, June 13, 2011

Nor'westers















It was all they could talk about this morning (I felt bad for the other students who did not go on the trip).  They wouldn't tell me they liked the trip (as usual), but it was obvious by their conversations that they did.  Even after wearing itchy and ill-fitting clothes, eating "jail food" (actually, it was quite delicious), getting wet in the rain, an overly long canoe ride ("my arms are sore!"), and no electronic devices allowed ("awww, man!"), their favourite part of the trip was Old Fort William.  I was able to capture a few pics of the fort visit, but only on the second day towards the end of our stay.  I had to change out of my "normal" clothes (like those above) and put on my "weird" clothes in order to take the above picture (the fort's rules).

I enjoyed the visit to Fort William immensely, mostly because I am a history buff, but also because I was able to observe and interact with the students outside of the classroom and their community.  That carried on into the rest of the trip as well.  Even though I had little sleep (definately not college age anymore - allnighters are rough!), I would do this trip again in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Jodi.C said...

Great picture! I'm sure the trip was life-changing!