Sunday, February 27, 2011

Monthly Photo Project: Guilty Pleasures

I was very excited about this month's theme when my friend and fellow photographer suggested it.  Plenty of ideas came to mind (lots of notes in my notebook) and I thought that I would have plenty of photos to showcase.  Well, I don't.  I struggled with this challenge a lot and discovered that bringing my photo ideas to fruition was quite difficult.  What I learned in this challenge is that I love available light and only have the gear to take pics in that kind of light (though I now have a photographic gift list started which includes things like a flash, a product lightbox and a new macro lens just ordered one on sale at Henrys.ca).  I had to scrap some of my initial ideas and reconceptualize my pictures (and again, and again).   However, I now have loads of ideas to try out in the future.  Oh, and a larger waistline (not shown are bags of potato chips and cartons of Rolo ice cream).  Thanks, DJ, for this challenge! 














No comments: