Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Doodles and Darth Vader

By the time you read this post, you will have missed Google's latest interactive logo celebrating Jules Verne's 183rd birthday.  It's a small thing to point out, but during a week of preparation for a teaching evaluation on Friday, it makes you stop your frantic business, smile and take a moment to breathe (especially if you imagine you are in a submarine a la Jules Verne).  I was curious about the logo and googled (naturally) to discover that the specially designed logos are called doodles and that they have quite the history.  Kudos to the designers who can make millions of people smile, even if for a brief moment.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl and missed the much touted adverts, but they were up within minutes on the web.  My favourite is the Volkswagen spot with a pint sized Darth Vader.  My spouse and I both laughed (with a hint of parental tears) when we saw the ending.   

No comments: