Saturday, June 12, 2010

No Plans (Well, Maybe Just a Little Bit...)

This is the first Saturday in some time where I have woken up and not have had to prepare lessons and plans for Monday. The coming week will be the last for the school year with a class trip Monday, a "recovery day" for students Tuesday (they stay home, which means a lot of quiet classrom clean up and organizing for me), and class on Wednesday that consists of cleaning out desks, some activities, a presentation/assembly for upper grades and a class party. Thursday is closing feast and graduation, then vacation (for the students, anyway). And report cards are done!

I repeatedly said to my spouse yesterday that I wouldn't be doing any school work this weekend. Well, this morning, after going on and on about a novel study idea for Farley Mowat's Lost in the Barrens for next year, my spouse turns to me and, with a knowing grin, says, "I thought you weren't going to do any planning this weekend?" It seems I have become a "real" teacher over the past few months and haven't fully realized that fact until now.

1 comment:

Anon said...

Lost in the Barrens! I read that years ago but never read it again because I'm a visual person and really couldn't get picture the scenery as anything but grey rock and sky. And, I read faster than the rest of the class so found the pace too slow. I'll have to dig it up at the library and have a look - it will likely be more alive now!

Scary picture of the bear!