Thursday, June 17, 2010

Proud Papa

I am constantly amazed by my kids. The sprouts continue to grow physically, mentally and emotionally every day, often taking me by surprise by their observations of the people and world around them. Today, I am very proud of our six-year-old girl who has grown this past school year in so many ways. She is a year or more younger than her peers, a grade beyond where she would normally be and, in some aspects, an outsider to this community where we live. Yet, she has learned to hold her own, make friends, influence those around her, maintain a natural curiousity and do very well academically (as her report card attests). Today, she won three achievement awards at the closing ceremony and feast. Normally, I don't brag about my kids (well, maybe a little bit), but today, excuse me for a bit while I put on my proud papa face!

No comments: