Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Making Rain

It started around 9:30 AM as a trickle. By 10 AM a drizzle, by noon a shower. My inbox was filling up with emails. I thought at first they were for my most recent upload (here), but when I checked the latest emails, it was for a picture I posted when I first signed up with 500px.com: "Making Rain". What!? I sifted through my emails until I read the following:

"Your photo Making Rain has appeared in Editor's Choice. Our sincere congratulations to you!"

It made my day.


Unfortunately, I couldn't see the Editor's Choice page until I came home after work as 500px is blocked at our school (and rightly so, as there are some NSFW photos on the site). It was the same feeling as when my photo "Orange" was published, waiting anxiously for the magazine to arrive in the mail weeks after the magazine came out.

I am blessed to have beautiful kids to photograph. And who let me photograph them. Although the oldest Sprout is re-negotiating her contract.

No comments: