Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Video: Tipping Barrels

I'm in the process of preparing a series of cross-curricular lessons about the Northern Gateway Pipeline. I watched the video "Tipping Barrels - Journey Into The Great Bear" today as part of the preparations. Important message aside, I loved the cinematography of this movie. I often watch movies with a photographer's eye, and this movie is truly inspiring. Please note: it is long-ish for a web video (20 minutes), so be prepared to take out some time from your busy, hectic life and truly enjoy a marvelous visual experience (in my humble opinion).

Tipping Barrels from Sitka on Vimeo.

From Vimeo: ‘Tipping Barrels’ is a unique combination of surfing and environmental journalism that follows surfers Arran and Reid Jackson on a trip into the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest, where they learn more about the region and the issues confronting it.

No comments: